Sunday, October 23, 2011

Taylor Swift in Concert

Do you remember when Tara opened her best birthday present ever?

We finally got to use our tickets!
It was so much fun to take her to the concert!

The first order of business was to get a t-shirt.
(no small task considering the mob of people in that line)
Tara had her t-shirt on by the time we got to our seats.

It was torture for Tara to sit through the opening acts.
But finally the lights dimmed, the curtains opened and the screaming began!

It was a full house and so loud!
I was grateful for the ear plugs (does that mean I'm getting old?)
We could hear so much better with those in.

Tara singing along...like we did most of the night.

Tara was thrilled and kept saying, "I've never been more excited in my life!"
With sights like this, who can blame her?

I loved that everywhere you looked there were moms with their daughters. T-shirts that said, "best mom, ever" all over the place. Daddy's with little girls on their shoulders, etc. It was wonderful.

I also enjoyed that Tara and I did this most of the night.
She hasn't held my hand in a long time.

We were really close here.
We walked down to the floor and were just a few feet away.
We were hoping for an autograph,
but she walked back up to the stage on the other side...so close.


Taylor Swift played the guitar, banjo, piano, and ukulele.
What a talented woman.

Oh, and the indoor fireworks blew Tara's mind!
(I missed pictures of those. I was too busy watching them)
Tara also like watching Taylor soar through the air in her cage-thing.

Our favorite dress of the night. She looked beautiful.

It was over too soon.
We would have happily listened to her sing for another 2 hours!

It was exhausting though. Tara actually took a nap she was so tired.

Best Day Ever?

I think so.

13 comments:

Elsha said...

Best day ever indeed.

emblair said...

Just look at that grin!!!

Durrett Family Band said...

What a cool memory for the two of you to share. You're such a fun mom!

Brooke said...

That is so awesome! I am so glad that you guys got to do that. :)

Becky Shuler said...

Amazing... I can't wait to have an experience like this with Juliette! You are one cool Mom, Laura!

Stacey said...

What an amazing thing yall got to do together!

Maria Hoagland said...

Wow!! I'm sure she'll always remember that :) And the pics are amazing...did you take them all?

larshannon said...

Yep. Those are all my pictures. It was so fun to look through all 130+ of them when we got home.

Mary Lampros said...

It was almost as fun for me to view the concert via your pictures. I like Taylor's music too, Tara!

Baren Gita Cempaka said...

i like your photo of Taylor Swift :)

Baren Gita Cempaka said...

i like your photo of Taylor Swift :)

Brimaca said...

I'm kinda sorta jealous.

Walter Tully said...

Taylor Swift is one of the best pop concert performers in the world. My children love her so much. We even went to Nashville before and watched her perform live. The girls had a lot of fun.

Walter Tully