Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Purdy and Cute

Purdy or Cute?


If you tell Kyra she's cute. She looks at you like you are in serious need of a few extra brain cells, and emphatically corrects you to let you know, " I'm purdy. Amy's cute."

For a very long time (like almost a year), I thought Kyra was being mean to Amy. However, we ok, Jared, finally figured out that if you're wearing a skirt/dress then you are pretty and if you are in pants/shorts then you are cute. Kyra wears a lot more dresses than her tom-boy sister.

For heaven's sake don't get this wrong! Last night Kyra was being exceptionally cute running around in her princess nightgown. I told her, "Keeks, I love you. You are so cute." She quickly corrected me and let me know she is purdy. Then she left me and snuggled her dad who wisely called her pretty.

See, the consequences are serious.

Purdy Kyra

Cute Kyra

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Intresting distinction!

Elsha said...

She is purdy AND cute!

Becky Shuler said...

Adorable! Can't belive your baby is getting so big! Time flies..

emblair said...

Purdy cute, indeed!

Brimaca said...

Hilarious. Three-year-olds are hilarious.