Monday, August 15, 2011

The Best Birthday Ever

Tara turned 10 years old on Saturday. Ten is a really important birthday...it's the first time you hit double digits. And let's face it, the likelihood of getting to triple digits is really small, so celebrating double digits needs to be big!

We hit the road to Lubbock to celebrate in style with family.

Tara and Aunt Catherine at air hockey. Tara won, but Catherine had a handicap.

Tara and her cousin Hannah enjoying dinner at Tara's favorite restaurant, Rosa's.

Then it was time to head to the grandparents' house and get down to business...presents and dessert.


Kyra has been assigning colors for everyone's birthdays. Hers is pink, Amy's is blue, and Tara was black. Tara didn't like that idea, but since she is old like the rest of us, she decided to embrace her inner geezer and have a black birthday after all. I thought the wrapping paper was super cute.

We taught the Shannon's the heavy, heavy hangover tradition.

Tara wanted donuts instead of a cake and so we made her a Krispy Kreme donut cake.
Her dad bet her she couldn't eat 10 donuts.
She tried her best, but after 4 had to give up.


There were lots of presents she liked and the donuts were yummy, but finally here's the part that made it the best birthday ever...


13 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

That was so cute to see her excitement! Now, what concert is she going to? And I love the black and white wrapping paper. Very elegant!

Katie said...

Can I be her date to Taylor Swift? ;)

Tamara said...

so exciting!! ...sad we missed it :(

MaryAnn said...

Very Cool!!! Tara's first concert. Very exciting.

larshannon said...

My first concert....

Elsha said...

Happy birthday Tara! And that is the best birthday present ever-- I'd be pretty excited to get those for my birthday and I'm turning 29...

Jill said...

It's very, very likely that the Pregnancy Crazy is to blame, but that video made me tear up a little. So cute!

emblair said...

Love the donut cake. Also love the eye roll toward Jared when he says it's a comic book. Ah, 10.

Tell Tara HAPPY BIRTHDAY for me! And let her know I haven't forgotten...I totally owe her a present. :)

The Stringers said...

Love that donut cake! And the girl squeal. Oh, the drama :)

Stacey said...

The video was priceless!

Megs said...

You are officially the coolest mom ever. That eye roll was my fav part. She is totally related to my kids. Okay, I loved the justin bieber eye roll too.

Brimaca said...

That was fun to see!

Becky Shuler said...

Laura, I miss your blog posts...can't wait to see what y'all have been up to!