Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Green Cards

Our family is currently in the throes of green card application. That is why I've been absent from the blog scene for so long. You are probably wondering what we need green cards for since we are all US citizens.

Late July we got a hair-brained idea that we would like to "just look" at some houses for sell in our city to see if we were interested in an upgrade. Three weeks later our house was sold and we were packing up to get settled in the new one.


So, back to the green cards. The new house has 4 bedrooms which means Jared and I share, the boys share, and the baby girls share. Tara gets her own room. She loves the solitude, but doesn't like to be lonely. Therefore, if you want permission to be in Tara's room, she grants that privilege to you once you have earned a green card.

We have all been
  • doing what Tara tells us
  • paying money
  • providing service to her
in order to earn our coveted green cards. I have learned that she does accept kickbacks and bribery, so I get in without the actual card. Come to think of it, I don't think I've actually seen any cards issued. There has been lots of commotion about entering without a green card. Her border control is a little lacking....perhaps Tara taught the government a thing or two.


Message me at larshannon@gmail.com and I'll send you our new address for your address books.

8 comments:

Brooke said...

I can't wait to come see the new place. It looks gorgeous! And Tara really is pretty smart, she just needs to learn follow-through... :) Congrats on the new house!

That Janie Girl said...

How inventive is she? That's awesome!

Congrats on the new digs!

Elsha said...

Think she'll give me a green card if we come visit? We had the same set up growing up-- 4 bedrooms, 2 boys 3 girls-- and the girls rotated through the single room year by year. Of course, we're each only a year apart so there were no clear "oldest sibling" rights...

Katie said...

Love it!!

Stacey said...

How exiciting! And what a beautiful house. I miss you so much my vt buddy:(

Becky Shuler said...

So this explains why you fell out of the blogging world for a while! Glad to have you back on board!! CONGRATS ON YOU NEW HOUSE! I can't think of anyone who deserves it more!!! So happy for you!!

Becky Shuler said...

p.s. I want a photo tour of the inside...!

Sarah said...

I love Tara. She cracks me up! My mama told me that you had moved. I am glad that it wasn't too far so that I can still visit you. The house looks beautiful and, from what my mom has told me, it is! Congrats!