Friday, September 23, 2011

Burp A, Burp B, Burp C


Ian's 1st grade teacher uses a warning system to handle discipline in her classroom. You get one warning and then you start moving your clip from green to yellow to red. Obviously you don't want to be on red. Ian tries really hard to be good at school, but every once in a while we'll get a note home about behavior.

Today Ian was playing with his lip and talking oh so softly, my clues that he is nervous about something he is about to say. "Mom, I had to move my clip today." I asked if he got a warning. "Nope. I just had to move the clip." I was wondering what he did that deserved immediate movement. "Ian! What were you doing?" He explained that he was making his friends laugh. After further prodding and a request for him to show me what he was doing, I found that he was making his friends laugh by showing them his newly acquired skill.

Burp talking.

Yep. Imagine a room full of 6 year olds laughing as one of them says their ABC's in burps. I'd have him move his clip too. However, as he retold the story, nervously, at home. I couldn't help but laugh with him, hug him hard, and make him promise to only burp talk at home where I could enjoy it.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

LOVE IT, hahahah!

Becky Shuler said...

Burping his ABC's is one of Joseph's talents. It's not so cute when you are 38 years old! (But he's pretty good at it!)

Nathan said...

You're gifted at telling a funny story, Laura. I'm burping up just thinking about it.

Brimaca said...

He will always be an entertainer.