Friday, October 14, 2011

Lemonade Stand

It was a hundred and hot when the kids decided they NEEDED to do a lemonade stand. I think that's a rite of passage somewhere. You have to have a lemonade stand and realize that some people just don't want to buy what you are selling no matter how cute you are.


We made cookies and took tons of stuff to the park to set up. After I threw a temper tantrum about setting up all by myself (which really wasn't true...I was just frustrated. Not one of my finer moments), we managed to settle into some fun.


We even had some customers. Every time a car pulled up to stop, the kids would scream customers! I felt like I was reliving that scene from "Cars" over and over again!

Here is why we got any one to stop.

They were the only ones willing to brave getting out of the shade. And they ran up and down and up and down the length of the park trying to convince passer-bys to stop.

It wore Eric out just watching!

But they were nicely rewarded.

The kids sold out of cookies and Lemonade and they all decided to donate the money they made to a charity. What amazing kids!







3 comments:

Stacey said...

What great sports! And whata go for them to donate to charity!

grammawood said...

What cute kids, and I'm so proud of them donating their earnings to charity. Did all of the customers get 4 straws?

Brimaca said...

They are amazing! I was reading in the paper a few weeks ago about how lemonade stands are illegal without a permit and some places were cracking down on it. I laughed so hard. Can you imagine the cop getting after a four-year-old?! Glad to see that here we can still have the good ole American lemonade stand!

And I had a temper tantrum at the Trunk or Treat last week. It was embarrassing.