Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Habla ingles?


While looking through Ian's homework, I found a paper titled "Get to Know Your Class" It caught my attention and I began reading about Ian's classmates. One question asked the students to find someone in the class who spoke a different language. Ian had answered Taylor.

I was surprised because I know Taylor and didn't remember this tidbit about her. I asked Ian what language Taylor spoke. When Ian answered Spanish, I questioned further. Ian answered me with that sigh that really means I-can't-believe-I-have-to-explain-this-to-a-grown-up. "Mom, she speaks Spanish just like me! You know, uno, dos, trace, quatro, sinko, quatro."

I helped Ian count to ten correctly. Uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, nueve, diez. Then I told him I speak Spanish too because you don't have to be fluent to qualify for speaking another language, apparently.

4 comments:

Elsha said...

Counting in Spanish is Kalena's new favorite thing. Also, she's started saying, "gracias mama." Maybe we're watching a little too much Dora around here...

Brooke said...

All we'd have to do to speak Spanish is turn every single flyer we get from school over and read the other side. I'd be fluent by now if I did that...

Also, our kids now say, "Delisciouso!" at every meal...I'll take it.

emblair said...

He'd be a good lawyer...

Brimaca said...

LOL. He cracks me up.