Thursday, October 27, 2011

Crock pots

Amy doing her I-know-everything look...and pretending to cook

Today I pulled out the crock pot to make dinner. Amy (my shadow in the kitchen) looked at me and said, "Oh Mom! Are we taking dinner to someone again tonight!"

We weren't, but it made me so happy to hear the excitement in her voice at the prospect of serving others. Service is a blessing in my life. I hope I am teaching my children that we serve others to help their burdens be lighter and to lift our spirits. Nothing makes you feel better than helping others.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I often rave about my old VT companion! You are a shining example of chairty, and make me want to strive harder!

Becky Shuler said...

You are so right: "Nothing makes you feel better than helping others." I couldn't agree more. Proud of you!

Tamara said...

you're a great example...that is what I'm striving for with my little ones, I hope I get a similar response someday :)

Katie said...

I seriously wanna be like you when I grow up.

emblair said...

My service to others is NOT making them dinner. My family has to suffer enough...no one else needs to endure my most fabulous cooking. :)