Friday, June 11, 2010

Tummy-aches

The smirk

It was fast Sunday (the first Sunday of the month where the congregation skips 2 meals and donates the money for those meals plus whatever they see fit to help those in need). Most of my children are too young to fast for two meals, but they can refrain from gold fish during church.

We were in the last meeting of the day when Ian was brought to me. His teacher explained that he had a tummy-ache and needed me. I looked at Ian who then looked at me with his trademark smirk, looked into the eyes of his teacher and said. "Yeah, my tummy hurts because I'm really, really hungry."

I let Ian sit on my lap and eat fruit snacks. He worked so hard for them and I rarely get a chance to snuggle with Ian. In returned he played with my hair.

4 comments:

Brimaca said...

LOL. Love that kid, and I think you are awesome.

Elsha said...

I miss that smirk!

emblair said...

I love the smirk...and the lack-of-goldfish induced tummy ache. I'll take snuggle time during church any day!

Megs said...

You always remind me to be a better mom. Thank you. I get frustrated way to easily. I need to remember that these moments are fading fast.