Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Guns Up


At the end of last year I convinced Jared to get a hobby because all work and no play was making Jared a cranky boy. He's always been interested in shooting, so he bought a couple guns and organized a group of his friends to go shooting together once a month. It has been a great outlet for him.

Since then he has been trying to get me to go with him. The stars finally aligned and we spent a date night out at the shooting range. It's only the 2nd time I've ever shot a gun (the 1st was on my 2nd date with Jared, go figure), but I've still got it.

I managed a couple of bulls-eyes and kept most of my shots in a healthy Jared-hand-me-the-gun-I'll-hit-the-intruder kind of area.

Ignore those few stray bullet holes.
Jared was trying to get me to shoot rapid fire.
If I actually take time to aim I'm much better.

9 comments:

Brimaca said...

I'm so not surprised you are an awesome shot.

Daniel said...

You have now shot a gun more than I have...I have no doubt you are a better shot than me too!

christina said...

You're waaay hardcore. Awesome.

The Stringers said...

Woohoo!! You're a good shot! I keep meaning to get my concealed handgun license, but I haven't gotten around to it yet...

Elsha said...

Nice job! I've never shot a gun. I think I need to remedy that.

emblair said...

And here I thought this was going to be some sort of Texas Tech post... Nice shooting Tex.

Jaimie said...

When in Texas, do as the Texans do, right? :) Maybe you can be a Texas Ranger now, huh?

Megs said...

Wow, remind me to think twice about breaking in to your home. You are awesome.

Sarah said...

Awesome! I have been trying to get Matt to buy a gun. I will be sure to take lessons from you when and if we ever get one. LOL