Thursday, December 3, 2009

Potato Sack Slides

Tara and Ian

Several weekends ago I went with a friend to a local corn maze. They had a huge potato sack slide. If you start getting weighed down by all the concerns in your life you need to find a really big slide and spend a half an hour climbing the steps and racing down.

I felt 7 again. It was awesome.

I raced up the steps as fast as the kids.
To keep them safe, of course...not to beat them to the top or anything.

I selflessly offered to help the little kids ride down the slide.

I challenged kids to see who got to the bottom first.
To keep things entertaining and not because I'm really really competitive
and I knew I would win since I'm longer and heavier.

It was the most fun I've had in ages.

Oh, and it was fun to watch the kids have a good time too.

Eric

11 comments:

emblair said...

AWESOME.

Daniel said...

Totally jealous. Good luck tomorrow. We'll be thinking about you.

Katie said...

looks like so much fun!

Brian said...

That is sooo cool!

Brooke said...

Love it! I am already planning on taking the kids back to the bouncy place we went to last summer for the same reasons...it was so much fun!

Megs said...

Oh, I totally want to beat you in that race. Next time your in my parts we are finding a slide and you're toast.

FUN!

The Stringers said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

Sarah said...

I am very jealous. I would have been racing to the top too. What a fun day!

wigglerbug said...

Do you think that we could put one of those in the back yard at Pilot Point?

Camilla said...

looks like so much fun!!

Mary Lampros said...

Glad to know someone else likes things as much as her kids...silly things, like rides and cupcakes and stuff. Hope you feel better soon, glad you're getting a break.