Monday, March 24, 2014

Rubber bands

If you didn't know how to shoot a rubber band in my house while growing up, you were in trouble.  Rubber band fights were a common occurrence and how to shoot a rubber band with zing was an important life skill.  I'm not kidding.  A rubber band gun is no match for a rubber band shot by my dad.  Fortunately, I was a quick study.  I could shoot those things with some serious precision, and still can just ask Ian...he got a rubber band to the forehead last night after the fifth request to pick up Legos was ignored.

When I was in 7th grade, I was annoyed by a boy named Bill.  I finally had enough and luck would have it I was sitting a couple seats behind him and had a rubber band with me.  I let it rip.  It hit him so hard it bounced off him and onto the floor near where the teacher stood.  Bill got in trouble for shooting the rubber band and I sat quietly in my seat pretending not to notice.  To his credit he took the entire lecture and never implicated me.  I should have said thank you.  I never did.  Poor Bill.

Last week my dad was here visiting and saw with horror the sad state of my offspring's rubber band shooting abilities.  He quickly rectified that situation.  In the days since he left, I've tried to explain to my husband how the weaponizing of rubber bands occurred.  But really, I think it is just in the genes...or the jeans.  I just pulled fifteen rubber bands from my washing machine)

6 comments:

Mardi said...

I must learn that skill

emblair said...

I never did get the Silver rubber-band-awesomeness gene. Glad to hear your still putting your rubber band awesomeness to good use though!

HiToplay said...

Hittoplay is the place where you can have endless entertainment, happy birthday song in the best song ever.Content: Songs, News, Cooking Recipes, Technology, Religion from all around the world on demand or live Romantic Songs is just a click away .Dance numbers
Life without entertainment is colorless song mashups and we offer the best entertainment songs Arabic Top 10 Songs That you could have ever experienced. 10 Best SongsWe believe in providingDance songs latest and the best quality,song lyricsVideo experience.Songs Hindi

Gökhan EGE said...

See the latest topics and articles of the world. Find and read out trending hot contents. Browse all now if you be curious to most popular content. Drinly

SRUN POR said...

I was very fortunate to be able to visit your page.
โกลเด้นสล็อต
สูตรบาคาร่า
บาคาร่าออนไลน์

عبده العمراوى said...

شركة ماسة لمكافحة الحشرات بالقطيف