Saturday, September 8, 2012

Blue Bell Creamery

I have been wanting to tour the Blue Bell ice cream factory since my parents first lived in Houston around 11 years ago.  Guess what?  I finally got my wish.  While on our family reunion/40th anniversary celebration we finally did it.  Never mind the fact that our GPS took us all the way around town before we found the fool place!





After we snagged this nifty picture, we stood in line and got tickets for the tour.  When we realized that our tour was going to start in 30 minutes, we decided there was just enough time to run back to the van and bring back the loaf of bread, peanut butter, jelly, chips, and drinks and eat lunch.  I have never seen a meal for 20 people prepped and eaten that quickly!  Nothing like three or four adults slapping pb&j sandwiches together on their laps and passing them out to hungry kids.  We even managed to get the crust off of certain sandwiches and only PB on some and only jelly on others.



This is my new favorite picture.  I love that little boy and from the looks of it, the feeling is mutual!


Amy showing us how much she likes her "free" ice cream.  I think this means ten times?




I think Jared was feeling jealous of the fact that Eric managed to get two cups of ice cream simply by asking.  We had so many kids (all wearing yellow so I could spot them all) that the scooper just handed them out.  I also managed to get a second scoop.  I told the kids it was because I smiled nicely and asked please and maybe they should try it sometime!



It was a really fun way to spend time with cousins!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Yummy!

emblair said...

Mmmm, ice cream. Think if I ask with a smile and say please Jeremy will run to the store to get me some??

Daniel said...

I still haven't been there!