Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wingardium Leviosa

Summer reading is the best!  I get to mandate an hour (or more depending on how much I like my own book) of reading time each day.  My two big kids have just finished reading the entire Harry Potter series and Ian is diligently working on book one.  We have also watched the first couple of Harry Potter movies together.  It has given the kids quite a taste for magic.

While at church on Sunday, Ian was coloring a picture and got bored with it.  He turned the colored pencil around, pointed it at his paper, and while waving the pencil around began chanting, "wingardium leviosa"  Then he looked at me in frustration and said, "It won't float.  I need a wand!"


4 comments:

Jill said...

That's great! Once a friend of mine had her three-year-old daughter get annoyed at her and do "Expelliarmus" on her. I guess at least it wasn't "Sectumsempra"?

Becky Shuler said...

Love it! Matthew finished the series during his 4th grade year and earned quite a few A.R. points for doing so! We love the books! They are so much fun! What time of day do you do your reading hour? Great idea!

Brimaca said...

Ha ha! I need a wand too!

Just a ranch girl said...

I just love that little man and miss him dearly!!