Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wait, you went on a cruise?

Yeah. I know you would think that I would post about that as soon as we got back, but here's something they don't tell you about cruising. It takes forever to get back into life's normal flow. I swear sometimes I still look around and wonder who is going to cook and serve my meals and then clean up after them.

We left from Miami and enjoyed four fun-filled stops despite the rainy weather. I just want you to know that I would be tan if I hadn't been wearing my hoody jacket over my swimsuit for a week...see here's proof!


We enjoyed rock climbing and body boarding on the boat.

For a minute there I wondered if I was afraid of heights,
but then I decided the rush was worth it.




In Haiti we enjoyed relaxing on the beach and exploring the island, but jet skiing in the open ocean going so fast I thought my eyelashes would blow off was the best!

Haiti

Haiti

In Jamaica we went zip-lining and hiked through a jungle.

Jared liked to run and jump off each platform. He loved it.


Grand Cayman was disappointing because we got rained out of our sting ray excursion, but we just decided to kayak instead. It just gives us an excuse to take another trip there.


Grand Cayman


I enjoyed snorkeling in Cozumel except when I jumped from the boat and into the ocean without taking my snorkel out of my mouth. I think I swallowed half of the Caribbean Ocean. Dang.



But you know what? I think what I loved most about this vacation was that I could hear all of Jared's conversation without pausing to shush a kid or stop a disaster. I realized, "Oh yeah, I do really like this man."

16 comments:

Elsha said...

Hey, that's exciting! I love cruises. And you're right about needing to go back, Stingray City is definitely worth it!

emblair said...

Love the snorkel face. And glad you got the reminder that you still like your man. :)

Unknown said...

My favorite part of the cruise was meeting you and Jared, our 3 hour dinners and of course hearing Memish shout "Happy Birthday" every 5 minutes.

Katie said...

fun, fun, fun!! i think i need a vacation now!

ManDee and Scott Laing said...

I'm so glad to hear you guys enjoyed yourselves! You both definitely deserved it!

Brimaca said...

I'm jealous! I love cruising. Caleb and I are going to have to go again.

Dianne said...

I sooooo want to do a cruise! Who did you go through?

larshannon said...

Dianne, we went on Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas.

Andrea, dinner with you guys is the one thing I truly miss. Want to move to Texas and come to dinner with us regularly? I would love that!

Sarah said...

LUCKY! I am so jealous but I am so happy that you guys were able to get away. Matt and I have decided that we need to do a little something like this for us when he is FINALLY finished with all of this school. I love all of the pics.

The Stringers said...

So jealous! Glad you had such a great time. It is so necessary to remember why you fell in love in the first place! (cuz it wasn't the love of poopy diapers). Just sayin'.

Megs said...

Oh, I just might be JEALOUS of you right now. I want to go on a vaca with my hubby so bad. I am so glad you got to get away. It is so nice to just be the two of you isn't it.

Brian said...

Looks like a blast of trip! I'm glad you had such a great time!

Becky Shuler said...

I bet it was amazing to have so much fun, just the two of you together. You both deserved it! I love all your pictures! How did you do the underwater ones? Just curious!

Mel said...

We need a vacation. I think we'll go when Stephen graduates/passes boards. A late 10-year anniversary gift to ourselves! P.S. You were SO close to us in Miami!!!

Mary Lampros said...

What was the reason to celebrate, or was it just because you work so hard all the time and deserved a break? Love all the pictures. You're so gorgeous, Laura, and photogenic.

larshannon said...

Becky, I spent $9 and bought a disposable water camera at the grocery store. It didn't take great pictures, but there were at least pictures.

Mary, We were supposed to do this for our 10 yr anniversary, but I got pregnant with Kiki. She was finally old enough to go so I guess it was an anniversary/we work hard all the time trip.

Melanie, We almost called but our time between ship and plane was really tight. Next time...