Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy, Happy Birthday


Ian turned 5 years old on Monday! He was so excited to open his presents. I think he asked about a 100 times when we were going to do presents. See in that picture up there how he can barely keep his excitement in!

His birthday gift requests...rope and seeds. I don't know where that came from, but we obliged.

It is even green, his favorite color!

He wants to use it for climbing.
Jared is improvising here.

He loves the rope and even took it to school
so his friends could see how cool it is.

He's asked me everyday when we will plant his cucumber seeds. We'll get right on that as soon as possible. I sure hope they grow because he has big plans for us to eat his cucumbers at dinner instead of buying them at the store all the time.

Ian has never met a stranger. He will be your best friend and tell you his life story and get you to tell yours in about 3.5 minutes. He loves people. He is very kind and loving. He is especially protective of his baby sister Kyra. I feel sorry for any guy who thinks they are good enough for her because they will have to get Ian's approval first. Ian loves to catch and study insects. I've learned a lot about lady bugs, grasshoppers, and such because of Ian. We love him!

10 comments:

Elsha said...

Ian is 5?! How did that happen? I miss his stories- he always has something interesting to say:)

Christina said...

That is THE cutest cake!

larshannon said...

Thanks Christina...one of the many benefits of very short names, you can easily spell them on birthday cakes.

Brooke said...

He's such a cutie! It sounds like a fun gift, I may suggest it to my kids! :) He's a great kid, always fun and always cute.

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Ian!

Becky Shuler said...

That rope does look super cool and seems to have lots of uses! Happy Birthday, Ian! Good luck with your cucumbers!

Carrie said...

I love creative gift requests. So much more charming than asking for a DS. Happy birthday, Ian!

Megs said...

Ian HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE!! I want you to know that you have put many a smile on my face over the past year or so. Thanks for that. Have a wonderful day and never stop being such an awesome kid.

Brimaca said...

He's just so stinkin' cute. I can just hear his little, raspy, cute voice bursting with excitement!

grammawood said...

I loved talking to Ian; I can believe he makes lots of friends. A rope and cucumber seeds for birthday presents--how cool is that? (If the cucumber seeds don't work, I recommend buying a few plants. I usually have better luck with them).