Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sometimes You Need More Than Underwear

After swimming at the pool all afternoon we were in bath mode. I had the big girls in one bath, the boys in the other, and I was sitting on the couch in my underwear checking email while waiting for my turn in the shower.

That's when the doorbell rang unexpectedly and I jumped my half naked self off the couch and peeked at the front door and saw a grown man standing at my door.

How do I move from my living room to my bed room without being seen?

I can't because I'd have to run in front of the front door with its big glass window and would be seen by the door bell ringer.

CRAP!

So I crouched on the floor of my living room until I heard the man leave. (wow, 90 seconds can be a REALLY long time!)

5 comments:

Mardi said...

Too funny! I find myself in this situation all too often, so now I leave clothes close to the door. Just in case. By the way, I love the new ring!

Tamara said...

I hear ya!! those big windows we have upstairs...free show for anyone outside driving/walking when I go to get my clothes from the other room. I'm sure the neighborhood knows the new shannon! :)

Brooke said...

Especially in the summer!! I prefer one layer over several, so we all tend to just strip when we come in the front door. One time several years ago, my newly married sister-in-law answered their front door wearing just a shirt and her undie bottoms, I was like "um, are you hot?" she was mortified, thinking she had shorts on, but I thought it was pretty hilarious, and I like to remind her of it every now and then. I hope she reads your blog ;)

Brimaca said...

So glad I don't have a window because this is me all the time.

Bethany said...

That is just hilarious!! I really love the new ring. Daniel says hi to Eric and Ian.