Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Recipe Request


We were lucky enough to be invited to have dinner with some friends. Tara was allowed to sit at the grown-up table where she could refill her own plate as needed. Apparently she needed to refill her plate 8 times. I'm not kidding. I have witnesses. She had 8 helpings of salad. At one point the salad bowl was offered as her plate, but thankfully her manners prevailed.

On the 5th helping she turned to our wonderful host, Jaimie, and made a request. "Can you please give my mom the recipe for this salad?"

I'm not sure I can manage to cut up tomatoes, carrots, AND cucumbers plus add it to lettuce. It might prove too challenging for the likes of me.

8 comments:

Brimaca said...

That's too funny! You lettuce just isn't as good I guess. :)

Kimberly said...

What the heck is Tara doing eating salad? Doesn't she know you don't have to eat that stuff until you're 45 years old with high cholesterol?

Jaimie said...

It was too funny! Don't worry, I can come make your salad next time :)

Katie said...

i'm gonna need that recipe too... ;)

Steph said...

Too funny!

Mary Lampros said...

I just laughed out loud. Reminds me of all the times I would elbow my way to the front of the line at potluck dinners. Well, actually, Tara is much funnier than that. By the way, I LOVE your new family photo. I wish I could enlarge it and look at it up close!

Megs said...

She is hilarious. That totally reminds me of JJ. He tells people that all the time. I wonder if everyone thinks i am a horrible cook.

emblair said...

Ha ha ha! Tara, you are one cool kid! Congrats on being able to sit at the grow-up table!